Burns & McDonnell Principal Electrical Engineer - GFS in Mumbai, India
Burns & McDonnell India has exciting opportunities for Principal Electrical Engineers interested in growing their careers in one of the most fast paced, innovative companies for high tech building design and construction. Burns & McDonnell India is establishing a team focused on mission-critical datacenter projects! This opportunity hires directly into that team and into an industry of more than $17 billion. The Mumbai office is growing a full complement of professionals with expertise in in Architecture, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Construction, and Project Management. Data Centers are an aggressive market for Burns McDonnell.
Burns & McDonnell India is looking for an experienced and energetic candidate to join our Global Facilities Group in Mumbai office to lead and support electrical design activities involved on Aviation and Fueling, mission-critical datacenter, Food and Consumer, Manufacturing projects mainly in USA. This position requires an experienced electrical engineer capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. This candidate will lead design, planning and client coordination activities associated with high, medium and low voltage electrical distribution and control systems found in mission critical, healthcare, and industrial sites
The Principal electrical engineer will manage team of designers and engineers to create world class design on a variety of projects from concept design through completion of construction. Project focus would be data centers and telecommunications facilities but could include a variety of other facilities including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, manufacturing, airports, or institutional facilities in the US. Specific areas of responsibility include the following:
1. Designs electrical systems/equipment to provide a useful and safe environment for the mission critical market in accordance with the clients’ requirements for reliability and uptime.
2. Advises clients regarding electrical systems/requirements available to meet their needs and comply with all applicable codes.
3. Review the drawing in terms of design and installation of equipment/systems to ensure compliance with design documents
4. Conducts fault studies and load flow analysis. Develop design criteria for protective device coordination, relay applications, medium voltage transformers, switchgear, medium and low voltage distribution.
5. Able to develop and/or lead the design of electrical master plans for facilities encompassing but not limited to the following: reliable power distribution, motor control centers, energy efficient lighting systems, communications and telecom routing, instrumentation and controls for HVAC systems, fire-alarm interface, building level uninterrupted power systems (UPS) systems, engine generators.
6. Reviews electrical designs and specifications of equipment or systems being purchased or fabricated.
7. Provides electrical design direction and resource management on multi-discipline projects
8. Developing concept studies, designs, and narratives.
9. Develop, guide, and coordinate design workflows, processes, and procedures.
10. Build relationships and coordinate with Section and Department Managers as well as Project Managers in other global practices and other office locations.
11. Participate in the Identification, recruiting and management of resources to meet the needs of the business
12. All other duties as assigned
1. Certifications / Skills:
a. Possess knowledge of all applicable standards and codes
b. AutoCAD, BIM (Revit), ETAP/SKM and Strong computer skills necessary to accomplish electrical designs.
c. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
2. Minimum Education: a. Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from a recognized institute.
3. Minimum Experience: a. 10 years of experience in the design, installation and maintenance of electrical distribution systems. b. A working knowledge of control systems and fundamental communication interfaces c. Demonstrated abilities as a project lead d. Industrial, Chemical & Petrochemical and Data center or telecommunication facility experience e. Knowledge of critical facility design and infrastructure
Primary Location India-Maharashtra-Mumbai
Req ID: 230970 Job Hire Type Experienced
Not Applicable #BMI N/A